Risk of Rain Returns is a roguelike game that challenges players to survive in a hostile planet with various enemies and hazards. One of the features of the game is the Providence Trials, which are special missions that unlock new characters and rewards. In this article, we will focus on the Main Systems Offline Trial, which is one of the most difficult and rewarding trials in the game.
What are the Main Systems Offline Trial?
The Main Systems Offline Trial is a mission that requires you to defeat waves of enemies using only Speed Drones, which are fast and powerful flying robots. You have to score at least 200 points to complete the trial, but you can also aim for a higher score of 900 points for extra rewards. The trial is very challenging, as you start with low health and no regeneration, and you face various types of enemies, from weak to strong. You have to use your speed and skills to avoid damage and kill as many enemies as possible.
How to Access the Main Systems Offline Trial?
To access the Main Systems Offline Trial, you need to find a Providence Trials, which is a blue circular gate that appears randomly in some stages. You can also use a Providence Trials Key, which is an item that lets you open a portal at any time. Once you enter the portal, you will see a terminal that lets you choose from different trials. Select the Main Systems Offline Trial and start the mission.
What are the Rewards from the Main Systems Offline Trial?
The Main Systems Offline Trial in Risk of Rain Returns offers you various rewards that can help you in your gameplay. Some of the rewards are:
- Useful Keycards: These are items that let you open locked doors and access secret areas.
- Barbed Wire: This is an item that damages nearby enemies automatically.
- Paul’s Goat Hoof: This is an item that increases your movement speed.
- Frost Relic: This is an item that creates icicles around you when you kill an enemy, which can damage other enemies.
- Gasoline: This is an item that sets the ground on fire when you kill an enemy, which can also damage other enemies.
- Decaying Sample: This is an item that gives you an orbiting follower that shoots at enemies.
- Bonus Stocks: These are items that increase the number of charges for your secondary skills.
- Headstompers: These are items that make you deal damage to enemies when you fall from a high place.
- Hopoo Feathers: These are items that give you an extra jump.
- Tough Times: This is an item that reduces the damage you take from enemies.
Tips and Tricks for the Main Systems Offline Trial
The Main Systems Offline Trial in Risk of Rain Returns is not easy, but it is not impossible either. Here are some tips and tricks that can help you complete the trial and get the rewards:
- Use your Speed Drones wisely. They are your main weapon in this trial, so you have to make sure they hit the enemies and not miss. You can also use them to fly over obstacles and dodge attacks.
- Focus on the stronger enemies. They give you more points than the weaker ones, so you should prioritize them. However, don’t ignore the weaker enemies, as they can still damage you and reduce your score.
- Keep moving and avoid damage. You have very low health and no regeneration in this trial, so you have to avoid getting hit as much as possible. Use your speed and jumps to evade enemy attacks and stay out of their range.
- Collect the rewards as soon as possible. When you complete the trial, you will see a chest that contains the rewards. You have to open it quickly, as the trial will end soon, and you will lose the chance to get the rewards.
If you are interested in knowing more details about Yoshi Race Timing, then read How to Win the Yoshi Race Timing in Super Mario RPG Remake.
The Main Systems Offline Trial is one of the most challenging and rewarding trials in Risk of Rain Returns. It tests your skills and speed in defeating enemies using only Speed Drones. If you manage to complete the trial, you will get valuable rewards that can enhance your gameplay. We hope this article helped you understand the Main Systems Offline Trial and how to complete it.