Lords of the Fallen is a challenging Soulslike game that pits you against powerful enemies and bosses. One of the first bosses you will encounter is Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal, an angelic warrior who can deal holy damage and summon allies. In this guide, we will show you Best Items and Spells to Use Against Pieta, How to Defeat Pieta, and what rewards you can get after defeating her.
Best Equipment and Spells to Use Against Pieta
Pieta is a boss who hates fire and wither. Use Fire Salts and Wither Salts to make your weapon burn and rot her. Some classes have fire or wither gear and spells from the start, like the Dark Crusader and the Pyric Cultist. They can hurt Pieta more easily than others. Use Inferno magic to set her on fire with your spells. This will make her scream and bleed. These are the best items and spells to use against Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal.
How To Defeat Pieta: Stage1
Pieta’s first stage is relatively simple. She mainly uses her sword to perform multi-hit combos with delayed swings. You need to learn her timing and patterns to dodge effectively. Here are some tips:
- Attack at the end of her combos: After she finishes her swings, she will pause for a moment, giving you a chance to strike her once or twice. Don’t get greedy or she will punish you.
- Avoid her floating sword: Sometimes she will summon a sword that hangs in the air and then slams into the ground. Wait until the last second before dodging to avoid getting hit by its delay.
- Stay behind or beside her: She has a holy beam attack that can hit you from a long range if you are in front of her. Try to stay behind or beside her as much as possible.
How To Defeat Pieta: Stage 2
Pieta’s second stage is more difficult. She grows wings and gains more mobility and new attacks. You need to be more careful and patient in this stage. Here are some tips:
- Dodge her grab: One of her most dangerous attacks is a grab that deals a lot of damage if it lands. She will pause briefly before dashing forward to grab you, so dodge at the right time to avoid it.
- Move between lanes: She will also use an AoE attack that drops blades into the ground in different patterns. You can imagine the arena as a three-lane road and move between lanes to avoid the blades. For example, if she drops blades in the middle lane, move to the edge of the arena.
- Deal with her guardians: Near the end of the fight, she will summon two angelic guardians who can also use the AoE attack. They will take positions in the outer lanes and drop blades in their lanes. Move to the center lane to avoid them and focus on Pieta.
Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal Rewards
After defeat Pieta, you will get some loot and experience points. You will also be able to use your Umbral Lamp to trigger the Stigma outside the entrance to Skyrest Bridge. This will give you a Remembrance, which you can use to exchange your Umbral Scourings for Pieta’s equipment at an NPC in the hub area.
Pieta’s equipment includes:
- Isaac’s Longsword: A powerful sword that deals fire damage and has a high critical chance.
- Holy Light explosives: A consumable item that throws a bomb that explodes into holy light, damaging enemies and healing allies.
- Pieta’s armor set: A set of armor that reduces holy damage and increases fire damage.
- Paladin’s Pendant: An accessory that increases your health regeneration and reduces your stamina consumption.
If you are interested in knowing more details about Holy Bulwark Otto, then read Holy Bulwark Otto: Conquer the Hardest Boss in Lords of the Fallen.
What is the Best Class to use Against Pieta?
Pyric Cultists have an advantage with their fire magic spells, which deal extra damage to Pieta.
Orian Preachers have a disadvantage with their radiant magic spells, which deal less damage to Pieta. Dark Crusaders have access to Pieta’s equipment from the start of the game if they buy the Deluxe Edition or the DLC pack.
What is Lords of the Fallen and Who is Pieta?
Lords of the Fallen is a challenging Soulslike game that pits you against powerful enemies and bosses. Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal is the first major boss that you will encounter in the game. She is an angelic warrior who can deal holy damage and summon allies.
Why is Pieta a Challenging Boss and what are the Rewards for Defeat Pieta her?
Pieta is a challenging boss because she has a lot of health, resistance, and mobility. She can unleash devastating attacks with her sword, summon a floating blade that slams into the ground, fire a holy beam that can hit you from afar, and call upon two angelic guardians who can also use area-of-effect attacks.
How to Deal with Pieta’s Attacks in both Stages?
Pieta has two stages in the fight. In the first stage, she mainly uses her sword to perform multi-hit combos with delayed swings. In the second stage, she grows wings and gains more mobility and new attacks.
Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal is a challenging boss that requires patience, skill, and strategy to Defeat Pieta. By following this guide, you should be able to prepare for the fight, dodge her attacks, deal damage, and get her rewards. Remember to summon an ally, equip holy resistance, use fire damage, attack at the end of her combos, dodge her grab, move between lanes, deal with her guardians, and stagger her for a critical hit.
We hope this guide helped you beat Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal in Lords of the Fallen. If you want to see how the fight looks like in co-op mode, check out this video by The Nerd Stash.