If you are looking for a way to increase your mobility and speed in Risk of Rain Returns, you might want to learn how to perform the Wavedash with the Pilot technique. This is a hidden movement skill that can make you fly across the map and evade any enemy. In this article, we will show you how to unlock and use the Wavedash with the Pilot technique in Risk of Rain Returns.
How to Unlock the Wavedashing Skill
Wavedashing is not a default skill for the Pilot, but an alternate one that you have to unlock first. The skill is called Aerobatics, and it replaces the Pilot’s standard roll with a directional dash that propels him in the direction of your movement input. To unlock Aerobatics, you have two options:
- Complete the “Race to the Finish!” Providence Trial, which requires you to finish a run in under 25 minutes. This is a challenging task, but not impossible if you have a good build and some luck.
- Collect 300 items as the Pilot. This is a more tedious option, but also more reliable. You can do this across multiple runs, and you don’t have to win or finish them. Just pick up as many items as you can, and eventually you’ll unlock Aerobatics.
Once you have unlocked Aerobatics, you can select it in the loadout menu before starting a run. You can also switch back to the roll skill if you prefer.
How to Perform the Wavedash with the Pilot Technique
Wavedashing is a simple but effective technique that exploits the momentum and physics of the Aerobatics skill in Risk of Rain Returns. Here are the steps to perform it:
- Jump while holding down, and let go of your side keys. This will make you jump higher and farther than normal.
- Activate Aerobatics. This will make you dash in the direction of your movement input, which should be down. This will make you slide on the ground and gain speed.
- As soon as you’re about to hit the ground, quickly jump. This will make you bounce off the ground and maintain your momentum. You can repeat this step as many times as you want, as long as you don’t press any side keys or stop holding down.
Extending and Enhancing the Wavedash Technique
You can extend your Wavedash with the Pilot other skill in Risk of Rain Returns, Aerial Support, in mid-air. This will make you fire a barrage of missiles and rockets, which will also push you forward. Again, do not press any side keys while using Aerial Support, as this will also stop your momentum.
You can also enhance your Wavedash with the Pilot by using items that increase your movement speed, such as the Whip, the Energy Drink, or the Paul’s Goat Hoof. These items will make you slide faster and farther, making you even more mobile and agile.
Benefits and Limitations of the Wavedash with the Pilot Technique
The Wavedash with the Pilot technique has many benefits, such as:
- It allows you to traverse the map quickly and efficiently, saving you time and resources.
- It helps you evade and outrun any enemy, even the most powerful ones, such as the Vagrant or the Imp Overlord.
- It makes you harder to hit and damage, as you are constantly moving and changing directions.
However, the Wavedash with the Pilot technique also has some limitations, such as:
- It requires some practice and timing to execute properly, as you need to jump and use Aerobatics at the right moments.
- It can be interrupted by obstacles or enemies, such as vines, chains, or walls, which will make you stop or climb.
- It can be dangerous if you are not careful, as you might fall off the map or into hazards, such as lava, spikes, or pits.
If you are interested in knowing more details about Main Systems Offline, then read How to Access and Explore the Main Systems Offline in Risk of Rain Returns.
The Wavedash with the Pilot technique is a hidden movement skill that can make the Pilot one of the most mobile and versatile survivors in Risk of Rain Returns. By following this guide, you can unlock and use this technique to your advantage and have fun flying across the map. For more guides on Risk of Rain Returns, such as the best Acrid build or the best item tier list, check out our RoR Returns guides hub.