Lords of the Fallen is a challenging action RPG that pits you against various powerful foes. One of them is the Hushed Saint, a cult leader who guards the first corrupted beacon in the Forsaken Fen. This boss fight can be very difficult, especially if you don’t know how to deal with his attacks and transitions. In this article, we will show you how to win against the Hushed Saint in Lords of the Fallen with some tips and tricks.
The Soul Siphon Trick
The key to winning against the Hushed Saint is to use the Soul Siphon ability (RB/R1) to knock him off his horse. This will create an opening for some free hits, which is exactly what you want to take advantage of.
The Soul Siphon ability allows you to detonate the blue glowing ambient parasites scattered around the map. These parasites will stun the Hushed Saint and make him fall off his horse, whether he is charging at you, throwing his hushed saints halberd at you, or summoning his horse in the second phase.
The NPC Summon
Another way to make the fight easier is to summon an NPC ally to help you. You can choose from Pieta, Stomund, Captain of the Fidelis, Iron Wayfarer, Damarose the Marked (if you interacted with her before), or Tortured Prisoner (if you freed her from the prison cell). They can be summoned near the fog gate before entering the boss arena.
The NPC ally can distract Hushed Saint and deal some damage, while you focus on using the Soul Siphon trick and dodging his attacks. However, be careful not to hit your ally by accident, as they can turn hostile and attack you.
The Hushed Saint’s Halberd Attacks
Although the Soul Siphon trick and the NPC summon are effective in winning against Hushed Saint in Lords of the Fallen, it can’t hurt to learn his attacks. The Hushed Saint has two phases, each with different moves.
Phase 1: Horseback
The first phase of the fight begins with the Hushed Saint riding his horse. He has three main attacks in this phase:
- Sweeping charge: The Hushed Saint will charge at you with his hushed saints halberd and try to hit you with a sweeping motion. This attack can deal a lot of damage, so you need to dodge to the side to avoid it. You can also parry this attack to knock him off his horse, but this is risky and requires good timing.
- Halberd throw: The Hushed Saint will jump into the air and throw his hushed saints halberd at you. This attack is easy to dodge, but you need to watch out for his landing. He will jump off his horse and retrieve his weapon, giving you a chance to attack him while he is on foot.
- Shockwave: The Hushed Saint will raise his horse’s legs and slam them down, creating a shockwave that can knock you back. To avoid this attack, you need to roll towards him right after he slams down.
The Hushed Saint will also go underwater from time to time, making him invisible. You can track his movement by watching the water splashes on the surface. He will usually emerge near you and try to hit you with one of his attacks, so be ready to dodge or parry.
Phase 2: On Foot
The second phase of the fight starts when the Hushed Saint’s health drops below 50%. He will abandon his horse and fight you on foot. He has four main attacks in this phase:
- Shield bash: The Hushed Saint will bash you with his shield, which can stagger you and leave you vulnerable. You can block or dodge this attack but be careful of his follow-ups.
- Halberd slash: The Hushed Saint will slash you with his lords of the fallen hushed saint, which can deal moderate damage. You can block or dodge this attack but watch out for his combos.
- Downward thrust: The Hushed Saint will thrust his lords of the fallen hushed saint downwards, which can deal heavy damage and pierce your shield. You need to dodge this attack, as blocking it will drain your stamina and leave you open.
- Underground strike: The Hushed Saint will surround himself with branches and go underground, then reappear near you and strike you with his halberd. This attack can be hard to predict, but you can avoid it by rolling away from him when he emerges.
The Hushed Saint will often use these attacks in combination, making him unpredictable and dangerous. You need to be alert and react quickly to his moves. The best strategy is to circle around him and attack him from behind, as he is less likely to block or counter your hits from that angle.
If you are interested in knowing more details about Holy Bulwark Otto, then read Holy Bulwark Otto: Conquer the Hardest Boss in Lords of the Fallen.
What is the Soul Siphon Ability and How do I use it?
Soul Siphon is a powerful skill that lets you blast the blue parasites on the map. These explosions will stun the Hushed Saint and make him lose his horse. To use Soul Siphon, hold your Umbral Lamp and press RB/R1 when you see a parasite.
How do I Summon an NPC ally to Help me in the Fight?
To summon an NPC ally, touch one of the stones near the fog gate. You can pick from six allies: Pieta, Stomund, Captain of the Fidelis, Iron Wayfarer, Damarose the Marked, or Tortured Prisoner. The NPC ally will help you fight the Hushed Saint while you use Soul Siphon and dodge his attacks.
How do I Dodge or Parry Hushed Saint’s Halberd Attacks?
To dodge or parry the hushed saint’s halberd attacks, you need to watch his movements and act accordingly. For example, you can dodge his charge by rolling sideways, or parry it by pressing LT/L2. You can also dodge his hushed saint’s halberd throw by moving away from where he lands, or his thrust by rolling sideways.
How do I know When Lords of the Fallen Hushed Saint Halberd is Going to Change Phases?
You can tell when the Hushed Saint is going to change phases by looking at his health bar. The first phase of the fight begins with him riding his horse, and it ends when his health drops below 50%. The second phase of the fight starts with him abandoning his horse and fighting you on foot, and it ends when you deplete his health completely.
Lords of the fallen hushed saint halberd is one of the hardest bosses in Lords of the Fallen, but he is not impossible to beat. By following this guide, you should be able to defeat him and cleanse the first Hushed Saint. Remember to use your lamp, dodge his attacks, stay close to him, and use fire or poison on your weapon.