Intel has silently launched two new mobile GPUs for its Arc Alchemist series: the Arc A570M and A530M. Intel did not publicly announce this launch, but both chips were already found into the Intel GPU lineup,
The latest additions to the lineup are the Arc A570M and A530M, which are designed to offer decent gaming performance with ray tracing support. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Intel mobile GPUs.
What is Intel Arc Alchemist Series?
Intel Arc Alchemist is the name of Intel’s discrete GPU series, based on the Xe architecture and codenamed DG2. Intel has been developing its Xe graphics technology for several years, and it aims to compete with Nvidia and AMD in the GPU market. Intel Arc Alchemist is the first generation of Xe GPUs that target the high-end gaming segment, while other variants of Xe target other segments such as integrated graphics, data center, and high-performance computing.
Intel Mobile GPU have some features and benefits that make them attractive for gamers and creators. For example, they support hardware-based ray tracing, which is a technique that simulates realistic lighting effects in games.
Intel Mobile GPU: also support XeSS, which is Intel’s version of neural network-based super sampling that enhances the image quality and performance of games. Moreover, they support DirectX 12 Ultimate, which is the latest version of Microsoft’s graphics API that enables advanced features such as variable rate shading, mesh shaders, and sampler feedback.
Intel Mobile GPU Arc A570M and A530M?
- The Arc A570M and A530M are part of Intel’s discrete GPU series for laptops and desktops, based on the Xe architecture and codenamed DG2. They join the existing models such as the A770M, A730M, A550M, A370M, and A350M.
- The Intel Mobile GPU Arc A570M and A530M use the ACM-G12 (DG2-256) silicon, which was first introduced with the Arc Pro A60 and Arc Pro A60M for workstations.
- The Arc A570M has the same configuration as the Arc A550M, but with a higher clock speed of 1,300 MHz and a higher TGP (total graphics power) of 75W to 95W. The Intel Mobile GPU Arc A530M has a cut-down configuration with 12 Xe cores, equivalent to 192 execution units and ray tracing units. It also has a clock speed of 1,300 MHz and a TGP of 65W to 95W.
- Intel did not reveal the memory configurations for the Arc A570M or A530M. The Arc A550M has 8GB of GDDR6 memory at 14 Gbps with a 128-bit memory interface, resulting in a memory bandwidth of 224 GB/s. The Arc A570M should have a higher memory bandwidth, while the Arc A530M should have a lower one.
How do they compare to Nvidia and AMD mobile GPUs?
- The performance comparison between the Intel Arc A570M and A530M and their Nvidia and AMD counterparts is not yet clear, as Intel has not provided any official benchmarks or performance figures for these GPUs yet.
- However, based on the specs and some leaks, we can expect the Arc A570M to be slightly faster
- AMD has the Radeon RX 6000M series, based on the RDNA 2 architecture, while Intel has the Arc A500 series, based on the Xe architecture
What are some of the best laptops with Intel Arc GPUs?
There are not many laptop models that feature Intel Arc GPUs yet, as they were only recently launched by Intel. However, we can expect to see more laptops with Intel Arc GPUs in the near future, as Intel plans to launch its Arc Alchemist GPUs for both laptops and desktops in Q1 2023.
Some of the laptop models that feature Intel Arc GPUs include:
- Asus ROG Zephyrus M16, Intel Core i9-11900H, Intel Arc A770M, 32GB DDR4-3200,
- Acer , Predator Helios 300, Intel Core i7-11800H, Intel Arc A730M, 16GB DDR4-3200
Intel has not announced any models that will feature the Arc A570M or A530M GPUs yet, but we should see them in the near future. Intel plans to launch its Intel Mobile GPU Arc Alchemist
When will Intel Arc GPUs be available?
Intel has announced that its Arc Alchemist GPUs will launch October 2023
How much will Intel Arc GPUs cost?
Intel has not revealed the official pricing for its Arc GPUs yet, but some leaks suggest that they will be competitive with Nvidia and AMD offerings.
How can I find out if my laptop has an Intel Arc GPU?
You can check your laptop’s specifications or use a tool like GPU-Z to identify your GPU model.
What are some of the advantages of Intel Arc GPUs over Nvidia and AMD GPUs?
Some of the advantages that Intel claims for its Arc GPUs include better integration with Intel CPUs, lower power consumption, advanced AI features, adaptive sync support, and more.