If you are looking for a way to survive the brutal challenges of Lords of the Fallen, you might want to consider getting a heavy shield. A heavy shield can block most of the damage from enemies and bosses, but it also slows down your movement and stamina. Among the heavy shields in the game, there is one that stands out as the best: Angels Aegis.
This shield offers the highest protection and stability and has no negative effects. In this article, we will show you What are Heavy Shields, how to get Angel’s Aegis, and How to Upgrade Heavy Shields in Lords of the Fallen.
What are Heavy Shields?
Heavy shields are the largest and heaviest shields in Lords of the Fallen. They cover most of the body and can negate up to 80% of physical, fire, holy, and wither damage. However, they also require a high level of strength to wield and reduce the stamina regeneration rate. Heavy shields are ideal for players who prefer a defensive playstyle and do not mind sacrificing mobility and agility.
How to Get Angels Aegis?
There are six heavy shields in Lords of the Fallen, each with its own unique design and stats. They can be obtained by various methods, such as buying from merchants, looting from Abbess Ursula enemies, or completing quests. Here is a list of all the heavy shields and how to get them:
- Angel’s Aegis: This is the best heavy shield in the game, as it has the highest damage negation and no special effects. It can be bought from Thekh-Ihir for 1125 Vigor at Abbey of the Hollowed Sisters.
- Buckler: This is the first heavy shield that players can find in the game. It has a low damage negation but also a low weight and strength requirement. It can be found in a chest near the entrance of Keystone Monastery.
- Defender: This is a heavy shield that has a moderate damage negation and a special effect that increases magic defense by 10%. It can be obtained by defeat Commander in Keystone Citadel.
- Guardian: This is a heavy shield that has a high damage negation and a special effect that increases poise by 10%. It can be obtained by defeating Guardian in Catacombs.
- Martyr: This is a heavy shield that has a high damage negation and a special effect that increases attack power by 10% when health is below 25%. It can be obtained by defeating Worshiper in Graveyard.
- Tower: This is a heavy shield that has a high damage negation and a special effect that increases block stability by 10%. It can be obtained by defeating Champion in Chamber of Lies.
If you are interested in knowing more details about Damarose the Marked, then read Lord of Fallen: Where to Find Damarose the Marked.
How to Upgrade Heavy Shields?
Heavy shields can be upgraded up to five times using various materials that can be found or bought in the game. Upgrading heavy shields will increase their damage negation and sometimes unlock new special effects. The materials required for upgrading heavy shields are:
- Small Deralium Fragment: Used for upgrading from base level to level 1. Can be found in chests or bought from merchants.
- Regular Deralium Nugget: Used for upgrading from level 1 to level 2 or from level 2 to level 3. Can be found in chests or bought from merchants.
- Large Deralium Shard: Used for upgrading from level 3 to level 4. Can be found in chests or bought from merchants.
- Deralium Chunk: Used for upgrading from level 4 to level 5. Can be found in chests or bought from merchants.
Table for All Heavy Shields and Levels
The table below shows the stats of each heavy shield at each upgrade level:
|Shield||Weight||Strength||Base||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Defender||24||25||60%||60% + Magic Defense +10%||64% + Magic Defense +10%||64% + Magic Defense +15%||68% + Magic Defense +15%||70% + Magic Defense +20%|
|Guardian||26||27||65%||65% + Poise +10%||69% + Poise +10%||69% + Poise +15%||73% + Poise +15%||75 % + Poise +20 %|
|Martyr||25||26||65 %||65 %+ Attack Power+10 % when Health<25 %||69 %+ Attack Power+10 % when Health<25 %||69 %+ Attack Power+15 % when Health<25 %||73 %+ Attack Power+15 % when Health<25 %||75 %+ Attack Power+20 % when Health<25 %|
|Tower||27||28||65%||65% + Block Stability +10%||69% + Block Stability +10%||69% + Block Stability +15%||73% + Block Stability +15%||75% + Block Stability +20%|
What is Angels Aegis and Why is it the Best Heavy Shield in the Game?
Angels Aegis is the ultimate heavy shield in Lords of the Fallen. It blocks most of the damage from any source and can resist strong attacks. It has no downsides and works well in any situation.
How can I Get Angels Aegis in Lords of the Fallen?
To get Angels Aegis, the best heavy shield in Lords of the Fallen, you need to meet a mysterious merchant named Thekh-Ihir. He sells this shield for 1125 Vigor, but only if you have talked to him enough throughout the game. You can find him at Abbey of the Hallowed Sisters, after you defeat Infiltrator.
Heavy shields are a great option for players who want to maximize their defense and withstand powerful attacks. They can be acquired by various means and upgraded to improve their performance. Among them, Angel’s Aegis is the best heavy shield in Lords of the Fallen, as it has the highest damage negation and no drawbacks. However, players should also consider their playstyle and preferences when choosing a shield, as each one has its own strengths and weaknesses.